Basing on the needs of our clients in different areas of audit, working under International Auditing Standards, among the most important:
- Audit of Financial Statements
- Tax Compliance Audits
- Special Audits
- Operational Audits
- Tax Audit
- Non-governmental Audits
- Elaboration of policies, operation of the accounting system and control of all information produced by the computerized system.
- Financial statements
- Accounting records in authorized books, by the Commercial Registry and the SAT: Journal, General Ledger, Inventories and Balances.
- Internal Control of documents related to accounting processes.
- Preparation, review and presentation of compliance with VAT returns, quarterly or monthly declarations of Income Tax, final annual declaration of Income Tax.
- Authorization of documents, books and tax updates.
- Shopping book development, services and assets.
- Compliance with other taxes where applicable.
We are concerned about the expertise of professionals in order to meet the needs of companies and institutions on the topics described below.
- Strategic Planning
- Implementation of budgetary systems
- Audit of the Internal Control System
- Restructuring the internal control systems
- Accounting process update
- Accounting Systems Implementation
- Enterprise Valuation
- Negotiation and settlement of business disputes.
Our firm develops consults for major fiscal defense cases with taxes such as:
- Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Income Tax
- Temporary and Extraordinary Tax to Support the Peace Agreements (IETAAP)
- Other taxes
We have experience in taxpayers’ defense against adjustments made by Tax Administration Entities (SAT in Guatemala), in accordance with law.
- Removal of hearings
- Providing evidence
- Measures for adjudication
- Appeal for annulment and amendment
- Presentation of appeals for reinstatementand reversal writs if appropriate
- Administrative Procedure Act
- Coercive Economic proceedings
Taking care of cases on employee benefits, and defense plans of conciliation proceedings.
Involvement with clients:
- Labor Diagnosis
- Implementation of payroll
- Benefit calculations
- Employment contracts
- Annual report
- Internal labor regulations
- Labor settlements and other personnel issues
- Administration of payroll and personnel
- Commercial Analysis
- Incorporation of companies, registration, capital increase and other records relating to commercial implementation
- Trademarks registration and trade names
- Liquidation of companies
- Commercial contracts
Globally, family businesses are an important economic development of countries base, Guatemala is an example where the vast majority of businesses are started with a concept of family involvement, as time passes develop and require management and administration according to their size, type of activity or business extension.
The ordering of companies is necessary to avoid internal conflicts, in that order it is important to organize their assets, their management, organization and strategic planning to meet the challenges of an increasingly competitive market.
Our firm provides services to family businesses on the following topics:
- Succession planning
- Equity ownership
- Wealth planning
- Remuneration planning
- Conflict resolution and mediation
- Family Protocols
- Corporate organization Family Business
To help the enterprises with the best of its corporate structure, management of investments, search of new opportunities, share valuations and financial information systems that can provide consolidated results.
- Buying and selling companies
- Share valuations
- Raising capital
- Takeovers and mergers
- Private equity and financing advice
- Profitability Analysis
- Corporate organization
We guide our clients with investment decisions from a strategic planning view. The Business start up is developed from the advice of the different business activities and mercantile laws that govern its operation; Can be organized as corporate groups, organization in corporations, individual companies and other types of entities that in some cases are governed by specific laws such as; Cooperatives and non-profit associations.
- Business structuring
- Arranging finance
- Financial and Accounting Organitation
- Accounting software support
- Registration with local authorities
- Analysis of international trade and customs
- Classification and valuation
- Audits on foreign trade
- Planning of export and import trades
- Fiscal Defense in custom duties
Public sector institutions, in accordance with International Auditing Standards.Systems and Internal Control evaluation for:
- Projects and agencies charged with responsibility for allocating and managing public founds.
- Grant verification and certification, and testing the regularity and propriety of Non-Governmental Organizations, controls and accounting.
Projects and grant programs financed by public funds.
Assurance and consulting services independently or on a joint basis with colleagues in other countries worldwide
Helping international enterprises to do business in Guatemala and nationals to do it around the world.
We provide advice and assitance in the following services:
- Tax planning and compliance
- Dealing with tax authority inquiries
- Relocation and orientation assistance
- Remuneration and benefits